Most Popular Abbreviations in Nutrition
Featured Online Nutrition Programs
- BS in Nutrition Science
- Accelerated B.S. in Nutrition Science to Master of Public Health
- Accelerated B.S. in Nutrition Science to Master of Healthcare Administration
New York Chiropractic College
Penn Foster Career School
Body Mass Index, a measurement that indicates obesity by calculating the relative percentages of fat and muscle in the body.
Dietary Reference Intake, the levels of nutrients needed for dietary consumption. They replaced the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) in 1989.
Energy Recommended Dietary Allowance, the average number of calories needed, differing by gender and age. Note: The Energy RDA is an average, so any person may actually need more calories or fewer calories than what the calorie charts show.
Failure To Thrive, a significant delay in growth of an infant or young child.
Get Shredded Diet
Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis
Recommended Dietary Allowance designates the amount of a nutrient that will meet the requirements of 97.5% of healthy individuals. It is based on the EAR plus two standard deviations.
Resting Energy Expenditure, number of calories you would burn if you stayed at rest all day.
Reference Nutrient Intake, used in the UK and stands for the daily nutrient recommendations to meet the needs for the majority of the population.
- Food Science Improving the Quality of Life
- Fitness and Nutrition Degree
- Natural Medicine and Holistic Nutrition Degree
- Sports Nutrition Degree for Dietitians
- MBA and Masters in Nutrition Dual Degree