Food Science and Nutrition Programs
Featured Online Nutrition Programs
- BS in Nutrition Science
- Accelerated B.S. in Nutrition Science to Master of Public Health
- Accelerated B.S. in Nutrition Science to Master of Healthcare Administration
New York Chiropractic College
Penn Foster Career School
Nobody can deny that nutrition is a very important part of everybody’s life. Besides it is a major part of many careers. A career in the field of nutrition is really a good choice for those individuals who are interested in health and food.
There are different nutrition degree programs. However all of them explore nutrients and foods and how they affect the body. Students can choose from a variety of degree programs at all educational levels. Undergraduate nutrition degree programs provide instruction on the basics of food science and the chemical components of food. These degree programs usually include general education courses in such areas as English, math, composition, science, history, and fine arts.
Online Nutrition Programs
- Master of Science in Applied Clinical NutritionThe Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition graduate program by New York Chiropractic College provides a professional education that focuses on nutrition and its application in prevention and disease management. NYCC’s Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition program emphasizes an integrative approach to healthcare. Graduates can work independently-online lectures are supplemented by assignments to be completed both independently and in groups.
- Brandman’s Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition and WellnessUndergraduate Certificate in Nutrition and Wellness allows students to learn the foundations of nutrition and health. This program focuses on the biological role of food and nutrients with applications in wellness and human performance. Students develop the knowledge needed to facilitate improved health and performance of their students, patients, or clients through nutrition and exercise. Brandman University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- The Sports Nutrition Certificate from Penn Foster Career SchoolThe Sports Nutrition Certificate will teach you the essential knowledge and skills needed to create and manage a dietetic regiment for optimizing performance. Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools for its high school and career diploma programs.
Nutrition Programs Courses
Many bachelor degree nutrition programs include courses in:
- Anatomy and physiology,
- Principles of nutrition,
- Food science,
- Food safety,
- Food processing,
- Life cycle nutrition,
- Food analysis and advanced nutrition.
Graduates of nutrition programs have a variety of career opportunities in many different fields these days. Undergraduate degrees prepare students for entry-level positions. Master degrees give graduates a possibility to move into higher paying and management positions. If we talk about doctorate degrees, on this level students are prepared to pursue research, policy advocacy, and post secondary teaching positions.
The main goal of nutritional professionals is to help people lead healthier lives by eating a balanced diet. Nowadays you have a great chance to get an online nutrition degree online. There is a variety of online nutrition degree programs that are eager to provide students with a solid foundation on nutrition principles by focusing on the biological and chemical components of food and the ways ingredients affect people’s health. While earning a degree students develop the essential skills to be successful in a nutrition career. During their education students usually specialize in a particular area. Graduates can often transfer to many different career paths.
Such field of education as nutrition consists of many different specialties for students to focus on and foster success in their education. These specialties include:
- Diet and exercise – fitness nutrition and sport nutrition,
- Weight management,
- Clinical nutrition,
- Menu developing and planning,
- Adult and child obesity,
- Elderly (geriatric) nutrition,
- Pediatric and child nutrition,
- Addictive nutrition and Eating disorders,
- Behavior nutrition management,
- Dietary changes to prevent disease,
- and food allergies.
If you have already chosen a specific specialty, then you should choose a school that offers a strong program in their topic of interest.
Career Possibilities after Nutrition Programs
There is a variety of careers for nutrition degree graduates. After completion of degree program in nutrition a graduate can find a job as:
- Dietetic technician
- Clinical dietician,
- Pediatric dietician
- Food processor (Culinary Arts)
- Sports nutritionist
- Fitness Nutritionist
- Vegetarian Dietician
- Infant Nutritionist
- Diabetic Educator
- Addictive Nutrition
- Food Sanitation
- Pet Nutritionist
- Food service manager (caterer)
- Food scientist
- Food science researcher
- Nutritional consultant
- Dietetic Consultant
- Management dietician.
- Master’s Degree in Medical Nutrition
- Schools with Nutrition Degrees
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Nutrition
- Pediatric Dietitian or Child Nutrition Expert
- Natural Medicine and Holistic Nutrition Degree